Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What could be wrong with my car? Oil in air lid and...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Default What could be wrong with my car? Oil in air lid and...

Well I just got my car tuned a few days ago and sprayed about 5 times on the dyno with new spark plugs. And after I left the dyno I raced my friends cammed LS1 just to compare and ever since then my SES light has been on? I figured that, that happens after the cars tuned with ls1 edit????

Well I took the car out for a test drive and n/a everything seemed fine. Then I turn on the switch for the nitrous and do a couple runs. I noticed the last run the car didn’t seem to pull as hard? And a lot of smoke coming out of the car. I pull over and notice the oil dipstick was pushed out a little and oil must of shot out cause it was all over the under part of the hood? Has anyone had anything like this happen to them? I also had a couple other people in the car that added a lot of weight!! The car doesnt seem to run the same so I am gonna take th plugs out and check them, then do a compression test, anything thing else I should check out?

Edit-
Just took the spark plugs out except for the one all the way in the back on the damn passanger side
the 2 in the back on the driver side seem to have oil or something on them? And the 2nd one to the back on the passanger side also has what looks like oil on it too? I am pretty sure the one in the far back has oil on it too cause from what it seems is that 2 in the back on each side only have oil on them? I am pretty sure this isnt good!
Old 10-14-2003, 02:09 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: What could be wrong with my car?

head gaskets, do a compression test.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I found some small pieces of metal from draining the oil so my guess is its from the rings. Plus when stirring the oil in a bucket you could see a blueish haze color.

So I guess its time for a built 346
Old 10-14-2003, 11:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bits of metal, oil on plugs, haze on the oil...I'm betting rings. Sorry for the luck. Go forged, baby!