General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need help fast.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 08:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help fast.

Sorry for posting this in the wrong section, but it seems no one can help me in the fueling section. I just pulled my fuel pump, and this is the first time for me, and I couldn't believe what I seen. Do all those wires and wiring harnesses really just sit inside the tank like that? Exposed to the gasoline. That blew my mind. Another thing, where is there a good write up on replacing the pump? I see write ups on modifying the bucket and adding butt connecters to wires to attach the new pump. WTF... Shouldn't the old one come out, and the new one go in with no problems???? If someone could please help,, that would be great. I would like to finish this tonight. Thanks. Also I seen people cutting the boot around the pump, installing the new one,,, then using a hose clamp around the boot to keep it tight to the pump. What is going on here? The pump I have is a Granatelli from Summit Racing, does this need all those mods just to work. This is nuts.

Last edited by TransAm_00; 02-27-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

yes,the wires do just sit in the fuel tank thats why you get new wires with a new one usually. did you buy the new one yet? if so there is splicing of wires and such soo be careful and take your time..and get everything matched up and put on the same as your other one.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:20 AM
On The Tree

Its not the fuel that causes and explosion its the fumes so nothing to worry about