Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cutout

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cutout

Well, I am in the process of getting my exhaust put on. I have the hooker 1 3/4" lts, the hooker 3" ory, a hooker aerochamber muffler, and some hooker exhaust tips. I am getting a custom 3" catback built as well. I have decided I want an electric cutout as well. Here is the one I am thinking http://www.speedinc.com/cont.cfm?cid=C0000031 What do you guys think? I was wondering if I should get a 3" cutout or a 2.5", which would be better for my setup and maybe the difference, if any, in power gains. I am getting it all put on at once, so I wanna make sure I get the right one and that it will be a quality product.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Swift_01_z-28
Well, I am in the process of getting my exhaust put on. I have the hooker 1 3/4" lts, the hooker 3" ory, a hooker aerochamber muffler, and some hooker exhaust tips. I am getting a custom 3" catback built as well. I have decided I want an electric cutout as well. Here is the one I am thinking http://www.speedinc.com/cont.cfm?cid=C0000031 What do you guys think? I was wondering if I should get a 3" cutout or a 2.5", which would be better for my setup and maybe the difference, if any, in power gains. I am getting it all put on at once, so I wanna make sure I get the right one and that it will be a quality product.
Stay away from the QTP cut out. It is crap. You are going to want to go with a DMH E-cut (4 yr warranty) from WS6store.. Like this on in the link.

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=2780

And in the drop down box where it asks if you want the QTP stailness cut, click YES. It is a SS piece and it is very nice. I have this same set up on my car. And you want to get the 3" cutout
Old 02-28-2009, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanx, did you notice any gains with your cutout? I've heard you can pick some mph with an open cutout. I am gonna do it either way, but I'm wondering if u lose any low end, I have the 2.73s after all lol.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Also, would you suggest just one or two cutouts? And is it that hard to rig up and do I need an external power supply for it, like the battery or whatever.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanx, did you notice any gains with your cutout? I've heard you can pick some mph with an open cutout. I am gonna do it either way, but I'm wondering if u lose any low end, I have the 2.73s after all lol.
I have not gotten my car tuned for the cutout, but i will in the spring when i add my 85mm Lid, 85mm MAF and 42# injectors. Some people with the cutout opened hav gaine anywhere from 6 RWHP - 8RWHP and about 7RWTQ... With the cutout open yes you will lose some low end. They really shine up top. And again buy the kit from WS6 store, Mike is a great guy. I order EVERYTHING from him

Also, would you suggest just one or two cutouts? And is it that hard to rig up and do I need an external power supply for it, like the battery or whatever.
I would personally only do 1. If you do 2, then you are goign to have to but QTPs Y pipe with the dual cutouts already fabbed in it.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the QTP e-cutout and 3.0" stainless cutout. Its not really a noticeable difference just alot louder. The wiring for the cutout was simple pretty much a plug and play kinda deal. The only thing you had to do was ground it and find a powersource. I used the pink wire from the traction control switch which is the power for traction control. I havent had any problems with my QTP cutout but have heard of a fewpeople having to have them replaced, it probably has alot to do with how much its used.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thnx guyz, i'm lookin into it all as we speak.