LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Diablosport will support the 05 GXP with updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 12:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablosport will support the 05 GXP with updates

I was also just told by Mike from Diablosport that because my car was able to save my original backup to the programmer (and I was also able to upload the stock HP tune but not able to adjust parameters or gain HP or torgue) that if I can send that to them, they will be able to make revisions for my car when they do their next update. Also, he told me that updates for the trans are coming so that we can adjust shift points.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

here, ya might as well join up right now...

http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...ewtopic&t=8883

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 03-04-2009, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mike has been making conflicting statements for years, all with the common thread of being able to talk to the tranny. 2-3 years ago they were almost done with Beta testing, 2 years ago, they hired a GM guy to do the job and would start soon, 1.5 year ago, they were going to have it out in two weeks, etc. He admitted on DS's own website (I think in the Dodge section, where similar promises were made) that he really had no idea on the programming, he was more of a grunt type tech with no information on upcoming updates about a year or so ago. I consider everything that comes out of his mouth (and sadly, that reflects on the company) to be dubious at best.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:39 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dj_stylzpgh/GXP05
. Also, he told me that updates for the trans are coming so that we can adjust shift points.
Man...not this again.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm new to the programmer so thanks for letting me know. If nothing comes of this, the programmer will be up for sale.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dj_stylzpgh/GXP05
I'm new to the programmer so thanks for letting me know. If nothing comes of this, the programmer will be up for sale.
Don't buy into the anti-hype....get me the backup file and we'll work on adding support for it.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Don't buy into the anti-hype....get me the backup file and we'll work on adding support for it.
Mike, sorry, but the anti-hype is there for a reason.

I like the tuner, I like the power it gives me, and you give us pretty good support for what features we DO have. I'll give you that.

However, you and I both know how long we've been promised TCM support...so don't downplay the "anti-hype". I still haven't sold my tuner (on the edge of doing so) and we're still waiting for the now legendary arrival of TCM support.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

DJ, you might notice that Mike is quite conspicuous with his lack of denying the conflicting stories he has personally given and posted online. Proof is in the pudding. If they do choose to make good on their promises, great! Until then, I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:25 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hexxLS4
Mike, sorry, but the anti-hype is there for a reason.

I like the tuner, I like the power it gives me, and you give us pretty good support for what features we DO have. I'll give you that.

However, you and I both know how long we've been promised TCM support...so don't downplay the "anti-hype". I still haven't sold my tuner (on the edge of doing so) and we're still waiting for the now legendary arrival of TCM support.
Right, but telling this guy that I am lying to him is nonsense. I would not waste my time telling him to send me a file if we were not going to try to add support for it.

I would understand if he came in here saying he was expecting TCM support this week, then you could have a field day, but this is a whole other story.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Right, but telling this guy that I am lying to him is nonsense. I would not waste my time telling him to send me a file if we were not going to try to add support for it.

I would understand if he came in here saying he was expecting TCM support this week, then you could have a field day, but this is a whole other story.
gotcha...I just took the anti-hype as partially directed at my comment. Carry on.

Any comments on the TCM post that was made? Any truth to this? I'd rather not have to sell my tuner and go to super chips for tranny support.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I re-read what I posted, just in case I made a mistake, but I just don't see where I said you were lying with what you told him. Just that you were less than 'consistant' in the past. I look forward to seeing the update.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

So....you tried to sell your boat anchor yet or still waiting on Mike's 'word'?
Old 04-12-2009, 12:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Not yet

I haven't been able to link up the programmer with my Vista computer. I have to get on an XP computer as my usb cable only supports XP. The original factory tune is saved to my programmer. I will try to get this done this week.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow!!! They are finally going to make one for an 05? Bout time...