General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

BG Products - Any good?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BG Products - Any good?

They've been advertising like crazy from what I've been hearing. Not that I'm thinking of trying their stuff, just heard my old man mention they've been buying a lot of air time saying how they're bar-none the best in lubrication and automotive fluids. I do remember a friend of mine who works a BMW service using their coolant flush kits. Meh

Just wondering if anyone knew anything. A quick google will bring up their website.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

BG stuff is absolutely awesome

hands down the best stuff i have ever used

tons of car dealerships use their stuff also
Old 03-06-2009, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

I've used all their products on my car and many other GM vehicles, it really is awesome stuff. Take a look at their warranty - pretty damn stout.

If you're not thinking of using it, seems rather silly to bother posting about it...
Old 03-08-2009, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

Dealership where I bought my car from had just about everything redone with BG stuff (as far as lubricants and what not go). The shop I take my cars too when I can't repair them myself uses BG stuff. Never heard a negative about them or experienced one.

There's a reason they have the money to buy all the air time and advertisements.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jmilz28
I've used all their products on my car and many other GM vehicles, it really is awesome stuff. Take a look at their warranty - pretty damn stout.

If you're not thinking of using it, seems rather silly to bother posting about it...
Just trying to gather knowledge and get some feedback from people that have experience with their stuff. It's never a bad thing to want to learn about something that's new (to me at least).
Old 03-09-2009, 08:27 AM
10 Second Club

They have a reputation of being expensive but the best, their fuel injection cleaner is used by alot of trusted shops in my area.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

The dealership just recently threw in a can of BG44 fuel injector cleaner and it really cleaned up the inside and reduced the 'ticking' noise at real low rpms that I was experiencing. The dealership told me that the product probably reduced the carbon buildup. They charged me $20 for the can. It was well worth it in my opinion. They did warn me about doing it myself if I ever buy a can in the future. Supposedly it is real nasty on paint if you spill any.

Quick Reply: BG Products - Any good?