Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Front speakers getting crazy interference.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 12:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front speakers getting crazy interference.

Okay so when I put my pioneer speakers up front the first time I noticed that there are 2 red wires and 2 black wires and being the stereo wiring amateur that I am, I wired it leaving one of the black and one of the red wires just cut off and sitting there and wired it to the other two.

It worked fine but the front speakers seemed underpowered so me and a friend did it again and this time wired the 2 reds to the one positive on the speaker and same thing for the black.

Now I'm getting a horrible crackling noise when I turn the stereo up, but only when the car is actually running.

Anyone know what causes this or how I can fix it?
Old 03-10-2009, 10:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Anyone at all.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:42 AM
TECH Resident

the stock door speakers are components which means they have a set of wires for the woofer and a set of wires for the tweeter. If you can you should take those speakers back a get the correct component speakers (check out kee audio). The stock speakers are also 2ohms and you probably added 4ohm speakers which is already cutting your power in half. Just use the set of wires that were previously hooked up to your woofer for now until you either get an aftermarket amplifier or different speakers.

Also.....you have coaxial speakers, if you are able to cut the wires for the tweeter (on the speaker) you now have 2 sets of wires, so you could hook them up just like stock.