LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

I need ur help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 01:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need ur help ASAP

Hey guys i have a 94 z28 and its my daily driver for work. Well today i was goin out to work and the car wouldnt start. It had started an hour or two earlier just fine. Well it cranked and cranked and then backfired and i had smoke coming from my throttle body and my stock air box. So after that i kept trying and it finally started. I got it to the mechanics shop and they hooked it up to the scanner and no codes came up. He checked fuel pressure and it was good also. So does anyone have any idea what this could be? Also the car will start after cranking and cranking. The starter and alternator were just replaced so i dunno what is goin on. Also last week i tried starting the car and it cranked over but shaked really bad and was idling at like 450 rpm and then i turned the car off and right back on and it ran fine until today. I hope someone can help me out.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by EliteCamaro94
Hey guys i have a 94 z28 and its my daily driver for work. Well today i was goin out to work and the car wouldnt start. It had started an hour or two earlier just fine. Well it cranked and cranked and then backfired and i had smoke coming from my throttle body and my stock air box. So after that i kept trying and it finally started. I got it to the mechanics shop and they hooked it up to the scanner and no codes came up. He checked fuel pressure and it was good also. So does anyone have any idea what this could be? Also the car will start after cranking and cranking. The starter and alternator were just replaced so i dunno what is goin on. Also last week i tried starting the car and it cranked over but shaked really bad and was idling at like 450 rpm and then i turned the car off and right back on and it ran fine until today. I hope someone can help me out.
After excessive cranking and it starts, how does it run? I know you said once it was shaking badly, what about the rest of the time.
I was going to suggest a fuel problem or maybe a bad ICM. You said you got your fuel tested, so I guess you could remove you ICM and have it tested.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:40 PM
TECH Resident

once it finally starts it runs perfectly fine.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:45 PM
TECH Addict

like ss said could be your ICM, can take it to most auto parts to have it checked out. but if you have my luck they wont have the connector to test it. they need the one with pig tails on it good luck
Old 03-09-2009, 01:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by djjab57
like ss said could be your ICM, can take it to most auto parts to have it checked out. but if you have my luck they wont have the connector to test it. they need the one with pig tails on it good luck
Tell me about it. I went to three different stores and called two others, no one had the right connection.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

same thing would happen to me.try changing your fuel filter. cheap and takes 5 min to do.worth a try.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 93cz28
same thing would happen to me.try changing your fuel filter. cheap and takes 5 min to do.worth a try.
LOL your avatar pic has to go seeing that hood is now on my car