Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

wanted to introduce myself and show my cars!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanted to introduce myself and show my cars!

Well about time I introduce myself so all the people that have helped me, get a better idea of who I am.
Im a automotive painter, I run my own small shop is asheville NC. I do custom painting as well as port and polish work on ebay.

This is my cars, all of them except the new camaro have been built by me.they where all pretty trashed when I got them. but after alot of hard work, they are all nice cars now.

the white car: It is a 1994 firehawk. I bought it from a car sale in greenville sc for $1800. the motor was leeking oil super bad. and had a knock to it, 106K miles.
the wingswest ground effects where attached in some places with large nails! anything that could be "snaped off" the interior was poorly painted white, they where still sticky, the clutch fork was hiting the pressure plate. and ofcorse the rear tires down to cords.

After a complete trans am interior swap, many many hrs in body work, and a fresh Barnes & Reese 383 short block. she is back on the road! the paint is dupont bc/cc gm12 white and a custom mix of left over blue paint for the stripe, with a 1/4" silver stripe ALL painted. No skickers!

the 1997 trans am. this car was factory painted with the blue green flip flop chameleon paint, the car was in poor shape, the ft bumper was held up with zip ties, the paint on the hood was faded, and most everywhere the clear coat was peeling. but the car ran perfect, still to this day the fastest lt1 ive ever drove. the main reason I got this car was for the paint color. I wanted to spary chameleon paint. but about 2 weeks after I got the TA, I went to the paint shop to order the paint. found out real quick I no longer want to spray chameleon paint, $1100 just for a gallon of the color! aprox $2k for everything needed. so i painted the car a mettallic teal green.
I sold this car about 6mo ago and been upset about it since, I traded a 97 mus-stake gt that I had $500 in for the trans am, spent $500 on paint for a total of $1000 on the car, then I got rearended in the car (just poped the bumper out of place) insurance paid me $2700 so I had +$1700 in the car and sold it for $4200 I made BANK off that car. but it was my fav car.

the 1991 corvette. this was a car I dreamed about when I was in elm school. but after I got one.. I hated it. the l98 TPI is the worst motor. the car drove like a low rider truck, ruff ride and no power, but lots of TQ.. but anyway, I hand polished the complete tuned port intake, valve covers, and brackets. and painted it red ( it was dk gray) oh and I put interior from a 95 vette in it. the stock interior was gray and red blah!

now for the new project, I still have the firehawk, and my wife drives the corvette.. so I found me another toy, 1999 z28 ls1/auto 62K miles SLP headers some cold air intake off road Y pipe etc. not a bad one to start with.. I would like everyones advice for a paint sceem..

I want a SS style hood, or the harwood cowl hood. and this car had groundeffects from the factory. I would like to have them back on.
and I have a set of 18x9.5 wheels for the camaro, they are deep dish, silver 5-stars with a polished lip.
im thinking I will paint the car mettalic orange with a black top or I love the look of the 97 ss hertige car, white with hugger orange stripes.. but ive only ever seen that on a 97 body style, so I dont know how it will look on a 98+

lwt mw know your your opinion! but please don't ask me to keep it black, I love the look of a black car, but it takes too much work to keep them looking good..

thanks!

Old 03-09-2009, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

nice cars! im really impressed with the work you did on the firehawk!!
Old 03-09-2009, 05:18 PM
12 Second Club

Nice cars. Nice Wife!! Welcome to the site. I'm partial to the mid to light blues. The skies the limit though. Maybe gather some colors and then get people to vote on it. Just an idea.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im diggin the firehawk! but i must say, 98-02 f-bodies look ugly to me. I think you would like the way it looks with an SS hood and spoiler