Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

switching to a th350

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default switching to a th350

I currently have a 98 A4 camaro and recently bought a brand new th350 with pretty much the best parts money can buy. I also bought a converter with the tranny that was custom built for my car. My next question is...what all do I have to do to make the transmission work? I bought a brand new BMR crossmember for a th350 with the TA relocation bracket along with a brand new BRM adj. TA. Someone told me that i'm going to run into problems with the speedometer or something like that?? I do plan on daily driving my car but honestly could careless whether or not the speedo worked or not. I just want the car to run good and shift good and that's all that really matters. Do I have to have the speedo hooked up? and if so how do I do that since the tranny is setup for a mechanical speedo and the car is setup for an electronic speedo? Is there a way in the computer I can go around all of it and just not have a speedo or is this something i'm going to have to make work?? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
Old 03-13-2009, 02:01 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can figure out MPH by the RPMs. That is what I do. You will also need a dipstick, I'm running a 36" Lokar but Speed Inc sells them also.

Here is a sticky about the TH350/TH400 FAQs. There is info in there on how to make the speedo work by splicing into the front ABS sensor. Also search around this section, there are a couple of threads floating around

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...questions.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...th400-faq.html
Old 03-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man that helps me out a bunch!! I think i'm just going to do away with my ABS and just tap into my front WSS and have my tuner plug in the numbers for the gear ratio and tired height. Thanks again!!

PS. Nice avatar pic!
Old 03-13-2009, 01:35 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No problem