Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chirpin 3rd??

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 10:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Chirpin 3rd??

I bought a diablosport tuner awhile back for the sole purpose of changing fan temps, messing with shift points and rev limiter, and scanning codes if i need to. Probably a waste i know. I decided to install the performance tune since my car is mainly stock. After installing it and a couple of WOT blasts it was chirpin 3rd damn near everytime! Its cool as **** but i know it cant be good for the trans. It never did this with the factory tune. I made sure on the performance tune's line pressures were normal, did that twice actually. Only ran it a couple of times with the performance tune installed then restored the factory tune. Hopefully minimal damage was done to the trans. Any reasons behide this? I would like to run the performance tune but dont want to f**k up my trans. Still shifts perfectly.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

your tires must be in bad shape. even on a reg street tire in my car's wet dream it couldn't scratch third. were you driving in the snow or something?
Old 03-12-2009, 11:49 PM
TECH Regular

what do you mean by made sure line pressures were normal? higher line pressure means faster and firmer shift with less clutch slip or wear, as far as i know anyways i could be wrong
Old 03-13-2009, 01:02 AM
TECH Regular

Tires are fine and yes it does it on dry pavement. Car gets sideways shifting into second and scratches in third (with the performance tune). Factory tune it doesnt do it but still shifts hard. I KNOW its not horsepower doing it but rather the trans shifting so damn hard into third. I doublechecked the line pressure because i have a performabuilt trans so the line pressure should not be increased according to performabuilt. Obviously it shifts plently hard.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

its normal for that to happen. even more so when you have a built trans in the first place. all your doing is unleashing the real power the car is possible of making with that performance tune. load up the tune you want, your not ALWAYS floord going into 3rd are you? if so, then the tune causing damage is the elast of your worries. and get a video of it doing it, scratch in third is AWESOME!
Old 03-13-2009, 01:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive forgotten what a chirped gear sounded like ever since i got my stall