Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Cheap Midbass drivers

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cheap Midbass drivers

I just found a few midbass drivers on ebay, some about $20 to $25 shipped. Brands such as Pyle, Pyramid, Legacy. Has anyone tried these?? both of mine blew so i took them out and i have ONE out of a denali, which is crapping out as well. you guys think i should get maybe the Pyle 300w for $21 shipped, or cough up an extra 80 for a well known unit??
Old 03-18-2009, 03:06 AM
On The Tree

They all suck....but will work...well should work. Do you really care how it sounds or do you jst want them to not crackle? If you dont care jst get them.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:43 AM
12 Second Club

in car audio you get what you pay for.
if you want good sound check with kee audio there a sponsor.
he sells cdt's that would work and there not that expensive.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i just want something that wont crackle like blown stockers. later on i want to get a drivers side stealth sub enclosure. but for now i just want a quick fix
Old 03-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually carry the Pyle, Lanzar, and some of the other subs like that. You pay for what you get with those and as you can see I generally don't recommend them which is why I do not have them on my site but are carried by a couple of distributors I use. The main problem with them is that they are all 4ohm SVC. Your T/A has dual 4ohm voice coils. You can use just one pair of the wires and use a 4ohm SVC sub but you do lose some volume to the tune of about 3db. Better then crackling speakers but not optimal.
I do have a case of CDT CL-6E drivers for $69.00 a pair shipped. These are midbass drivers but can handle what the Monsoon is putting out fine. They are still 4ohm SVC but are at least a good quality driver.