LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

considering selling: 05 blk GXP, loaded, built trans and bolt ons...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default considering selling: 05 blk GXP, loaded, built trans and bolt ons...

Hi all.

An opportunity has popped up for me to take another vehicle into the stable and I'd have to get rid of the GXP to do so. I wanted ot see your thoughts.

It's an '05 GXP, loaded (navi and all)
92k miles (I'm in outside sales)
Built Trans from Century Transmissions in Richmond, TX
Higher stall (appx 400 rpm over stock) converter
Intense FWI
Flipped motor mount.

uninstalled:
3" catted hogan DP
1.8:1 Scorpion RR's
LS6 valve springs

I just replaced the water pump and accessory belt. I put on new Goodyear Eagle F1s in December. New motor mount in March 08, along with new transmission and tranny cooler.

Royal Purple since I've had it (I bought it w/60k on the odo in Nov. 07.)

The only accident I know of is from me hitting a little (fawn) deer a few months ago at about 30mph. New nose piece, grill, pass headlight, plastic header panel, fog lamp. Minimal damage.

I'm installing two wheel hubs on the front this weekend (bearings are starting to show movement.)

Anyhow, I know it would be over book, but I'd need to get at least $14.5k for it. If not, I'll keep it. I love the car, so it's no biggie, but I wanted to get your thoughts. I bought it for $16.5, dropped $4400 on the trans swap and about another $2k in tires, brakes, water pump, belt, perf. parts, etc. So I'm losing any way you slice it.

Thanks guys.
BJ
Old 03-20-2009, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a nice car. Have u checked the KBB value see how close you are.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:47 PM
TECH Resident

I am sorry to say but I don't think you will be able to get your number. From what I have seen you can get one with half the miles and at least 1-2 years newer for about that money, but all markets are different and I don't know yours, so good luck with the sale!

And yes you NEED PICS!
Old 03-20-2009, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

I agree on the pics and the market. I have to wash it before adding pics. To tell the truth, I don't expect I'll get to that number either. The good thing, though, is that I'm planning on installing the DP, rrs and get a tune in the next couple of weeks. I'd love to see this thing run a 12.99 or better before I sell it anyhow.

Thanks,
BJ
Old 03-20-2009, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where i live my market is alot higher. My car was a good price for colorado but a couple states away it would have been a grand cheaper easilly