Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPT bin file for bolt ons car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HPT bin file for bolt ons car?

Does anybody have a bin file for a well tuned bolt on's car that I can use for now? I don't really wanna pay somebody to tune my car till I do some motor work.

Right now the car has 1 7/8 long tubes, k&n fipk, off road y pipe, catback......and it's an 02 m6 ta.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-21-2009, 02:35 AM
Launching!

For bolt on car there is not really much done to the tune. Adjust your LTFTs with the scanner to make sure there within -5 to +5, Then command your AFR to a 12.5 to be on safe side (Fuel multiplier 1.175), You want to verify it with a wideband if posible. Them jsut adjust your timming to make sure there is no KR. Check the sticky on the section.

This is assuming you have HP tuners. All cars are different so dont assume a tune that works perfectly with another car will work great with your setup.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:18 AM
Teching In

First things first, get a wide band, then for bolt ons, you can get away with recalibrating the maf transfer. With the bolt ons you have, all the VCM knows is that the 02s are reading lean, so it adds fuel. By re calibrating the MAF, you will be allowing the VCM to know exactly how much air is actually going through the engine, so it can accurately adjust fueling.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Dabeztz28
For bolt on car there is not really much done to the tune. Adjust your LTFTs with the scanner to make sure there within -5 to +5, Then command your AFR to a 12.5 to be on safe side (Fuel multiplier 1.175), You want to verify it with a wideband if posible. Them jsut adjust your timming to make sure there is no KR. Check the sticky on the section.

This is assuming you have HP tuners. All cars are different so dont assume a tune that works perfectly with another car will work great with your setup.
I have HP Tuners.....I'm just not all that great with it, and it takes me forever to adjust LTFT's