Sponsored by:

Starter Problem, please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 03:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Starter Problem, please help!!!

Hey all,

So I just finished installing my poly motor mounts and ls6 intake manifold and I got the car all back together. I ran it for a while to fill the coolant up and all, put it through about four on/off cycles. The last time I went to start it up the starter was engaging the flywheel with the motor running, so I quickly turned the ignition off and the starter was still turning the motor over. I had to disconnect the battery.

So I figured it might have been the positive starter wire grounding on my longtube header (cause its real damn close). But I rerouted the wires away from anything they could ground to (it appears anyway) and its still doing it.

Here's the really strange thing though: when I have the starter unbolted and hanging but the wires still connected, I tried reconnecting the battery to see if it would do it and it doesn't. Its like it only does it when its bolted in its natural position.

Does anyone have any ideas why the hell this thing is stuck on stupid? Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!