What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Parts Or Whole Car??? What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts Or Whole Car??? What do you think?

ok so i have a 2002 camaro SS with 33,xxx miles on it. i'm trying to decide what to do with it and would appreciate a little help with your opinion.

here's the story...

car has 228/232 crane cam 600/600
TEA heads
with springs and pushrods and everything that goes with that
Hooker headers
lid
racetronix plug and play
coan th-400
9" rear
3800 stall
wolfe torque arm
bmr xtreme sway bar
bmr control arms
custom driveshaft
weld in subframes
TSP true dual kit
pro stars all the way around
27" QTP hoosiers in back and kuhmos up front

probably other stuff i can't remember right now but this will give you a little idea.

big problem is the car was in an accident not too long ago and needs new windshield, front driver core support straightened, fender lined up properly which is already on, bumper put on which i already have, radiator put in (it's a griffin 27.5" x 15.5" x 3") and new steering wheel (i have a quick detach i bought for it.

so should i fix the car and try to sell it, sell it as it sits or part it now?

thank you for any help!
Old 03-24-2009, 09:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

That's a tough one! The mileage is so low that it seems worthwhile to repair it but finding a cash buyer to buy your repaired car in these times is going to be really tough. You would have to sink in some serious money and to get what back??? If times were better and your buyers' market a bit more expanded than just limited to young males looking for a fast modded machine, then I would repair it. Unfortunately you could be throwing out good $$$. I vote to part it out. It hurts to say that but if you were keeping the car then an easy decision to just repair it and keep for years to come.