LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Can you put EGR on OFF road headers??

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 12:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you put EGR on OFF road headers??

I bought a set of lpp stainless LT headers, but dumb me forgot to ask if they had the egr hook-up, they dont. I need my car to pass emissions but it wont without the egr valve. Is there a way to install one on off road headers like the ones i bought??? if there is how do i do it and is there a kit?
Old 03-25-2009, 11:39 AM
Launching!

I'm sure you could get one put on but I don't think it's worth it....just trade someone or sell them... I have pacesetters with AIR/EGR you could have in trade, I'll even give you some money...

If you are worried about passing emissions just get block-off plates and have the codes tuned out...
Old 03-25-2009, 11:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Do you need to pass the visual or sniffer? You can't even see the EGR tube on the back of the intake running to the header, I'd say as long as you had the EGR valve in place, you might be ok.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95TransAm_ToM
I bought a set of lpp stainless LT headers, but dumb me forgot to ask if they had the egr hook-up, they dont. I need my car to pass emissions but it wont without the egr valve. Is there a way to install one on off road headers like the ones i bought??? if there is how do i do it and is there a kit?
To answer your question, yes it can be done. I originally was going to have it done to stay emissions friendly so I took the headers to a machine shop here in Oregon and they quoted me $75 to make the change. I decided against it. So there are ways to do it, you just have to find somewhere to have it done.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:39 AM
Launching!

hey thanks for the info, Im probably gonna try the block of plates first and delete the codes, Thanks again, Ill post some pics as soon as my new 355 and Ai heads cam intake kit is installed

Quick Reply: Can you put EGR on OFF road headers??