Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Replaced Stock Subs

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 12:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Replaced Stock Subs

Fianlly got my stock subs fixed with Fosgate 6.5" ones. The results are not quite what I expected, but they are better than stock nonetheless. The subs are good, but the car vibrates too much when you turn them up. If you have blown your stock subs, I reccomend just replacing them with the stocks.
Old 10-22-2003, 07:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Replaced Stock Subs

unfortunately the mounting loction isnt the best for the amount of bass they put out, so the interior panle rattle and the grilles will too... nature of the beast... you can pull out some screws and stick in some rubber washers and see if that helps... I just went and tightened all mine and relaly havent noticed much of a problem except for the speaker grilles...
Old 10-22-2003, 02:50 PM
Teching In

I will be adding two 10" subs to what was the so called trunk area in a Q Logic sub enclosure. From what you both say, I may experience some rattling.. I can already make the side mirrors rattle. Should I go ahead and put in a much dead skin as I can? This will be my first experience changing out the stock stereo from the head unit to the subs in the back. Any suggestions?

Old 10-22-2003, 06:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can get the car Dynamatted, it's something that put padding on the body panels and deadens the vibrations. My friend did it in his car, he has two 12's and a 15". Much of the vibration in my car seems to be in the doors, there are some things in there that need to have padding on them.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

You have to be careful if you take stuff apart in this car, because of all the clips dont line up its gonna rattle till its mounted correctly...

That said if you got a lot of bass dynamat is your friend....
Old 10-23-2003, 02:56 PM
Teching In

sounds like I will have to be carefull taking things a part, don't want it to rattle too much after I am done.

Ferocity.. wha tis Hugger Orange.... hugger as in Harley?