Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

alternator not charging after relocation?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alternator not charging after relocation?

so i relocated my alternator to the top passenger side of my motor and now its not charging at all.. so i bought another alternator thinking that was the problem since the car has been sitting for several months. and after installing still no charge.. there is only 1 wire that goes to a 13mm stud on the back...correct? there is a plug but there are no wire in it... just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before.. any ideas or insight would help a bunch! thanks
Old 03-26-2009, 07:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is a plug with a smaller red wire look for it down near were it used to be
Old 03-26-2009, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by vogun16
so i relocated my alternator to the top passenger side of my motor and now its not charging at all.. so i bought another alternator thinking that was the problem since the car has been sitting for several months. and after installing still no charge.. there is only 1 wire that goes to a 13mm stud on the back...correct? there is a plug but there are no wire in it... just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before.. any ideas or insight would help a bunch! thanks
your missing the red wire that goes to that plug.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vogun16
I guess I miss read your pm. You need to extend the plug up and around to the top to plug into the alternator.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep you need to find and move the little wire also, I didnt have to extend mine at all just traced it, pulled it out of the harness and reloomed it.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Launching!

thanks guys.. you where right.. im an idiot! haha the wire got ripped out of the plug and got lost deep down by the up pipe, but i found it had to pull the terminal out of the plug and solder the wire back in to it