Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Balancer question

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balancer question

Will running a LS1 balancer on a 5.3 hurt anything? The balancer in the car came with the 03 silverado 5.3 but the belt doesnt line up. Can i put the balancer from the 5.7 on this motor?
Old 03-26-2009, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BadAssBowties
Will running a LS1 balancer on a 5.3 hurt anything? The balancer in the car came with the 03 silverado 5.3 but the belt doesnt line up. Can i put the balancer from the 5.7 on this motor?
Are they the same size? All new age motors are internally balanced so technically its just a pulley/dampener. So if its going to fit and the belts are going to line up I'm willing to bet it works.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks!!! I have been running into a lot of problems with this car.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:38 AM
FormerVendor

Yes, if same diameter, and belt lines up, you will be OK. Internally balanced, so you can swap between them.

Even if it is smaller (or larger) in diameter you can still use it, you will just affect how quick (or slow) your accessories turn.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The truck balance stick out about 3/4" more than a F-body balancer, that is why the betls don't line up, you have to switch all of the front accessories to the F-Body setup.. and yes. the 3rd hole in the block to hold the power steering bracket on is not threaded. Many will drill/tap it other have just left it off.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bczee
The truck balance stick out about 3/4" more than a F-body balancer, that is why the betls don't line up, you have to switch all of the front accessories to the F-Body setup.. and yes. the 3rd hole in the block to hold the power steering bracket on is not threaded. Many will drill/tap it other have just left it off.
All the f-body stuff is already on it but they didnt have a balancer puller.