Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do i unhook the oil sending unit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 10:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default How do i unhook the oil sending unit?

I am installing pacesetter LTs and an LS6 intake. I have everything loosened, and the exhaust manifolds are out, but how do i unhook the oil sending unit on the back of my intake manifold without breaking something?
Old 03-29-2009, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be careful, I just broke my oil pressure sending unit doing a intake swap. You can`t get to it with the manifold on. First loosen up the manifold and slide it forward about 3 or 4 inches then then disconnect the large vacuum hose at the brake booster. Then disconnect the plug and small vacuum hose on the back of the intake. Then slowly pull the large vacuum hose over the OPSU, it`s a small black cylinder about 3" tall on the back of the motor. And as you`re sliding the intake forward you should be able to unplug the injectors and everything else. To make the job easier I put rubber bands on the back intake bolts to hold them up.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:50 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh i got it off today. sweet. the oil pressure sending unit is still right there standing straight up. thanks!
Old 03-30-2009, 04:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ON a side bar. HOw many wires go into the OPS Unit. I am in the process of installing my FAST 90 and i noticed that there is only one wire going into mine. Is there supposed to be two? Thanks
Old 03-30-2009, 08:17 AM
Teching In

yes it is just one wire.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

OK good, cause when i was pulling my intake out, i felt a pop and it let free. I thought sure enough i had broken the sending unit, but it is still in tact and doesnt wiggle, so its fine. but then i noticed it only had one wire, i thought oh great, i ripped out one of the wires by accident. Well that was my final issue, hopefully the FAST 90 will go in in a couple of days when i get a second.

Thanks