Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Misfire Cycl 2 Tried about everything...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 06:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Misfire Cycl 2 Tried about everything...

Had my car for the past week at Chevy to figure out why I was getting a random misfire.
I cleaned the MAF, EGR, had new ac delco plat plugs and wires installed, as a new fuel filter.

While at Chevy they claimed that it was the O2 sensors causing the misfire, they replaced them, it cleared it up a bit and isolated the misfire to cycl 2.

They have installed a new plug, wire, coil and injector.

They are getting great spark, plenty of fuel pulse and everything pretty much checks out.

They are now telling me it has to be an internal issue...

Since i bought the car, it has had a noisey lifter on the pass side in the cycl 2/ cycl 4 area...

My question, could the lifter be my problem with the misfire on cycl 2?!??!

Thanks alot guys!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seen a lot of bent/broke pushrods! Might want to pull the valve cover to see if there is anything obvious like a bent/broke pushrod, needle bearings fall out of the rocker arm, broken valve spring etc. See if you notice it any worse at certain times. i.e. while engine is cold or hot or if it even matters. If it has a miss while it's cold and goes away after it's warmed up, might want to check the intake gaskets for a vacuum leak. If all of that checks out, it could be an internal issue (valve burnt). This might not help any but should give you a hell of a start and narrow it down some!!! Maybe someone else will chime in here and give you some more advice!
Old 03-31-2009, 06:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know this doesn't help solve the misfire, but...

I would ask to speak to the service manager and tell them that you refuse to pay their diagnostic fee, and wait until he says something. Then IMMEDIATELY interrupt him and tell him that paying for diagnosis is just that, and that it is not a "throw some parts at it because we're inept" fee.