Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arming Switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 07:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Arming Switch

So i'm in the process of gathering information/ideas for my nitrous installation, and have a few thoughts. 1st off, I have an adjustable 50-125 dry kit. I'm thinking of mounting the bottle between the rear seats. As far as an arming switch, i've had my radio trim piece removed and noticed that the Camaro badge is actually removable, and to boot behind it are two more cavities for switches like the Fog and ASR next to it. So, my thoughts were to remove the badge and install two more switches, one for the master arming switch and the other for a later determined purpose. The only problem is that I don't want an ASR or Fog labeled switch. Does anyone know of a stock looking, blank on/off switch that will work in these bezels? Maybe something out of another model year GM product?

Also, nozzle location, where is the best place to mount it? I'm 99% sure you're supposed to direct the spray over the air filter on the underside right?
Old 04-01-2009, 09:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You may be able to just clean off the writing on the stock switches.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

Very well worth a try. I might pick up a fog lamp switch and try to chemically remove the foglamp icon, thanks!

What about Nozzle location, where are you guys putting your dry shot nozzle?
Old 04-04-2009, 11:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try 3M adhesive/wax remover, very cheap and you will find all kinds of uses for it, that stuff should take off the paint on the switches with out harming the plastic, i taped the dry shot into the intake elbow, now that i have my shot tuned nicely (thanks HSW) i will be moving the nozzle to the underside of the elbow as that is the ONLY part of my system that is visible with out taking stuff apart, once i move the line it will be totally hidden. Here's my arming switches (thanks again HSW)

Old 04-05-2009, 07:57 AM
11 Second Club

Very nice! Like the colored toggle switches, looks good!
Old 04-05-2009, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a switch I made. I took the front part of a factory switch off, drilled part of it out, and put in my own rocker switch

Old 04-06-2009, 12:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Strahley
Here's a switch I made. I took the front part of a factory switch off, drilled part of it out, and put in my own rocker switch

Very nice! i like that, really clean look. I'll probably end up removing my Camaro badge, as my car has ASR, and there are two switch holes that secure the badge. So I guess i'll need to find a purpose for the other one.