General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Power steering cooler

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 07:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power steering cooler

So how do you go about changing the power steering cooler? Do you just take off the two clamps and slip it off? I know it's probably pretty simple I just don't want to do it completely wrong. Or is their anyway to get rid of it all together?
Old 04-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 8675309
So how do you go about changing the power steering cooler? Do you just take off the two clamps and slip it off? I know it's probably pretty simple I just don't want to do it completely wrong. Or is their anyway to get rid of it all together?
You can get rid of it altogether by connecting the two hoses and just bypassing the cooler with a simple brass fitting. Then go buy a hose for the non-power steering cooler cars and it'll just be one long one-piece hose.

Or you can very easily install na aftermarket cooler and get that same long one-piece rubber hose and have no more issues with coolant and power steering fluid mixing. $40 and 1 hour. Thats what I did. I can give you pics if you want.

Or replace it. $20 on ebay. Take both clamps off, then take the power steering hoses off the old cooler and re-attach them to the new cooler and put it back on.