Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High Idle after Cat Removal help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Idle after Cat Removal help!

Well today i replaced my stock y pipe and cats with a dynomax catless y and now my car idles high maiinly when i shift into neutral and coast and sometimes when im sitting still why?
Old 04-03-2009, 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice looking car. Anyways...when a buddy and I installed headers and an ORY on his 98 Z28, it idled really high on the first startup. We reved it a few times and allowed it to run for a while, but it didn't seem to want to idle down. So we shut the car down, let it sit for a minute and then fired it back up and it idled just fine and has ever since. Not sure if the computer just needed time to relearn or adjust to the new exhaust or what? I don't know if this helps with your situation, but thats my experience with high idle. I'm gonna keep my eye on this thread. I'm curious to see what others have to say.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:56 PM
12 Second Club

Mine did that too man, I just drove it for a little while and it was fine. Chaulked it up for a computer adjust/relearn,
Old 04-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Teching In

My car does what you are talking about at random. Have not figured it out yet. Will hold at 2500 till I come to a complete stop. Once rolling it goes right back up. Like cruise control on the highway almost. Hoping when I get it tuned for the 42lb injectors, they will figure it out. Very annoying.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my car was like that when i installed my headers and xpipe, so i drove it about 10 miles. turned it off, and starting it back up again and it was fine