Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Alpine 170A and stock Monsoon work great

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 08:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Alpine 170A and stock Monsoon work great

Last night I installed my alpine 170 A's because the front stock 6.5 died. The Alpine’s sound great. The all around sound quality is way better than the stock paper speakers. The best part about it was the cost they were only 60 bucks to my door. If anyone else decides to use these speakers for replacements just make sure to connect the 2 shorter wires to the new speaker. When you disconnect the old speakers there will be 4 wires the longer pair are the high pass lines for the tweeter, if you connect them to the new sspeaker you will not have any mid range. I connected the shorter ones which must be the mid/low pass line for the stock woofer, and since the Alpine 170's have a built in crossover for the tweeter it worked great. I definitely recommend these speakers for a cheap alternative to replacing the entire monsoon system.
Old 10-25-2003, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

glad it worked
Old 10-26-2003, 01:45 AM
On The Tree

I got the alpine 170's as well.. have not put them in yet. I am waiting on the alpine sps-1005 to come in. Do you have to remove the door panel the change the speakers in the doors? Seems like I heard this somewhere, but wasn't sure. I have to change out my drivers side window motor anyway..so that isn't a big deal. I will change the passenger window motor out if I do have to remove the door panels.

Thanks,

spyder
Old 10-26-2003, 08:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

yes the door panels must be removed to install the speakers.. the speakers are in pods mounted t the door thay you will need to remove also to change em out.