Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

91 4l80e

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 07:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

Default 91 4l80e

i came across a 91 4l80e for $50-it was used in a 4 wh dr truck, so would need the rear output shaft and tailhousing for other use-it looked like it had a rebuild sticker on it-i already have a couple 2004 trans, using one now, was wondering if its worth picking it up-i know they use the old force motor and valve body, wiring, sun gear shaft, etc, and not sure what cond it is, but thought it might be something i could rebuild and use as a temp replacement
if needed-or are these old ones red headed step childs, lol
Old 04-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by forcd ind
i came across a 91 4l80e for $50-it was used in a 4 wh dr truck, so would need the rear output shaft and tailhousing for other use-it looked like it had a rebuild sticker on it-i already have a couple 2004 trans, using one now, was wondering if its worth picking it up-i know they use the old force motor and valve body, wiring, sun gear shaft, etc, and not sure what cond it is, but thought it might be something i could rebuild and use as a temp replacement
if needed-or are these old ones red headed step childs, lol
They aren't much different besides the v.b. and non center lube case. It will have the large roller clutch in the overrun asm. If anything it is good for some hard parts.