Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sizing injectors/Newb questions....

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 11:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sizing injectors/Newb questions....

Basically im running a mild heads cam LS2 430-440whp range, i currently have stock ls2 injectors(and a 255lph pump) and i am looking to run 75-150hp dry shot. im hoping to be in the 525-550whp range. What size injectors should i be shooting for?

Also this might be a simple quesitons to answer. i dont plan on always running the nitrous so when i have the car tuned how will the ecu know when im running nitrous and when i am not?

I just do not know enough about it to understand. I dont want to make some NA runs and the computer dumping in fuel enough for nitrous.

i did some reading and from what i understand i have to run the nozzle in a spot to where it will spray through the MAF sensor and i assume the tune gets adjusted from there??? or the computer can recognize an air temp change? im sorry that i am so ignorant.

Also if i purchase nitrous outlets digital window switch i noticed it has WOT detection through the TPS. does this mean i do not need a WOT switch?

Last edited by TPIMarow6.6; 04-07-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:30 AM
FormerVendor

You would want some 42lb'ers, they will be plenty for your setup and perform well NA for street driving.

That is right, the MAF will register the additional airflow, unless you run our interface controller which does it for you. With that controller you won't have to mess with nozzle placement and dialing in your A/F will be much easier. The interface can also pull timing for you, which i do recommend you do.

Our microedge window switch and a/f shutdown switch have a TPS activation, so that is right you won't have to run a WOT switch.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:44 PM
12 Second Club

When i get the car dyno tuned wont they pull timing anyways and the car will be a little doggy NA? i dont mind that at all. i want a basic setup with alot of safety percautions.

and i also like the fact i can lock out first gear since it is a 6-speed car.