General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Cadillac window problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 07:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cadillac window problem

I know this isn't the right place for this but it as the closest section I could find (please don't delete). My dad has a 99 deville and one of the rear windows won't go up. Beeing that I have put 3 window motors in my camaro in 2 years i bought a replacement window motor without investigating the problem. The window will roll down with ease but not make an effort to roll up with the new window motor installed, so I tried the oem motor and it does the same thing. I had manually pulled the window up originally so when I put the new motor in and it rolled down I thought the problem was fixed, but then I realized what was going on. If I remove the motor from the track it works the same way. Any ideas?
Old 04-08-2009, 08:30 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,075 Posts

I'll let this one live, but I'm moving it to General Maintenance & Repairs since it's not LSx related. You'll probably gett better/more responses in here anyway.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could be that the rear window motor power is fed from the driver's window switch (the f-bodies do), making it a lower-than-normal voltage. Don't quote me on this; look at a wiring schematic before you go ripping things apart.

Use our hopeless search function to search for window problem threads. There was a link in there to a page where they sold f-body window re-wiring kits.... could be one available for Caddies.