Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Those of you with pusher fans step in

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 05:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Those of you with pusher fans step in

I stood up my radiator and installed some pusher/puller fans. My problem is, sitting in traffic, the temps will rise up to the 220 region. The fans just aren't moving enough air.

I have an extra set of fans that were sent with them that are the exact same fans, just the 16" versions. I took the blades off and reversed them, they appear to be the same, but the arch is on the other side. Would this be the solution to my problem or am I screwed out of these fans?

The blades are originally fitted so that they are on the motor with a upside down U is the best way to explain it. When I flipped them over, they are in the U shape. Would just a simple blade reversal make it move the extra air?
Old 04-08-2009, 07:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What fans are you using and whats the wiring setup? Its rather embarrassing, but when I first got mine together i spliced into the stock wiring and somehow got it *** backwards, one fan pushed and the other pulled. got that sorted out and now runs really really cool. BTW I use flexalite's
Old 04-08-2009, 07:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Floader
What fans are you using and whats the wiring setup? Its rather embarrassing, but when I first got mine together i spliced into the stock wiring and somehow got it *** backwards, one fan pushed and the other pulled. got that sorted out and now runs really really cool. BTW I use flexalite's
Can't remember the name of them, but they are supposed to flow 2000 cfm a piece. I have them plugged into the stock wiring harness. I made sure they were right, I commanded them to turn on before I even went driving and made sure that they were pushing.