Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

more problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default more problems

So I got back from being deployed for 7 months and my car is giving me hell. When I first start it, it's difficult to put into gear, especially reverse. Once the car has been driven around for a bit everything feels fine. Today when I was moving the car to wash it, I found it difficult to put into 1st gear. As I depressed the clutch and pushed the shifter towards 1st I noticed the car start to move forward slightly. I took pressure off the shifter and the car stopped moving. I tried it again and the same results. What the hell is going on here. I put a OZ700 and all new hydraulics around 15k miles ago. Help me out please.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Staging Lane

Sounds like your slave cylinder is going out. Bleed the hydraulics and see if it gets better. Did you replace the master 15k miles ago?
Old 04-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Launching!

yes, master slave and clutch
Old 04-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Teching In

Default bleeding

I think I would start with bleeding the hell out of it. I took mine out of storage after just 4 months and my fluid had so much moisture in it that straight water came out the first time I cracked the bleeder screw. My hydraulics are original and need to be replaced anyway, but at least bleeding it made it driveable.