Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reasons for real quiet exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reasons for real quiet exhaust?

Ok for some reason today when I went to drive my car the exhaust was a lot quieter than usual. The setup up is LPP LT's and ORY, and the SLP dual/dual muffler with the CME so its not the loudest to start with but it is usually louder than it was today. Like you could hear it the exhaust moving through the headers like normal up in front of the dash but then nothing out as far as sound out the back like normal. Any idea's on why it would that much quieter? I guess its time for custom true duals into the CME...

Also, I took the brace that goes under the ORY and driveshaft because it was vibrating too, but I still have to fix the annoying vibration from it hitting against the lower motor mount bracket.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:47 PM
TECH Junkie

how long has the dual/dual been on there?

You may have a lost a cylinder. I would check your plugs
Old 04-10-2009, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

if you want your brace back on, just space it out with a bunch of washers. I did it, it works. There is always a way to rig something up.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:51 PM

I have a question about my cat it was put on backwards??? (Is that alright) I have and exhaust from my headers back it is a 3 inch exhaust my cat is in the rear and backwards... I am worried about back pressure problems if i remove my cat???
Old 04-13-2009, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by black01_WS6
how long has the dual/dual been on there?

You may have a lost a cylinder. I would check your plugs
The dual/dual has been on there for the life of the car, 97000 miles now. And I don't think I've lost a cylinder, the power seems fine. It seems like I would notice running on 7 idk though. It sounds fine at idle but when I put it in gear it's like almost silent. It seems raspier at wot too...