Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Help me unflood my engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Help me unflood my engine

I just got done with my turbo build and it won't start. The exhaust pops once then I take the plugs out they have fuel all over them. I think the cylinders are full of fuel. Help!
Old 04-13-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you change anything else or just add a turbo kit? Did you check all the fuses? Sounds like you may not be getting spark.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are you asking for? If you want some tips on how to get it to start, Just take the plugs and clean them on a 6" electric wire wheel and then unplug the coil harnesses and then pull the fuel pump relay out and then crank the engine over a few times with NO plugs in the engine. This will allow all of the gas to exit the cylinders. (make sure your outside or the garage will fumigate you lol) Then hook everything up and put the plugs back in and then try to fire it up. If that doesn't work, You may have to try it a few times. It worked for me when I put in my 42 lb injectors on a stock tune. If you need anymore help PM me. Take it easy man.

James
Old 04-16-2009, 05:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

larger than stock injector on a stock tune = No.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
What are you asking for? If you want some tips on how to get it to start, Just take the plugs and clean them on a 6" electric wire wheel and then unplug the coil harnesses and then pull the fuel pump relay out and then crank the engine over a few times with NO plugs in the engine. This will allow all of the gas to exit the cylinders. (make sure your outside or the garage will fumigate you lol) Then hook everything up and put the plugs back in and then try to fire it up. If that doesn't work, You may have to try it a few times. It worked for me when I put in my 42 lb injectors on a stock tune. If you need anymore help PM me. Take it easy man.

James
I don't agree with the wire brush part. Just blow them off. You don't need metallic residue on the ceramic. I don't recommend trying to run a stock tune on 42lb injectors either. Either put the stock injectors in and quietly drive it to a tuner, trailer it to them or buy HPtuners, EFI live or whatever poison suits you and change your IFR table.