PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my ported tb causing these problems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 12:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is my ported tb causing these problems?

I am stumped, my car misfires specifically around 1500 rpms and while I dont feel it, the computer will trigger misfires even with the misfire table maxed out. Also at 1500 rpms if you go through with little throttle it will buck (noticed itll hit lean for a second). (This happens in both maf and mafless sd as well as openloop.)

Car runs great otherwise.

Ive moved around plugs, wires, injectors, coils, valve train seems intact (i had broken a couple dual springs in the past but never had any issues and noticed them so i changed em), etc.

torquer v3, ls6 intake, lts, slp maf, home ported tb (with epoxy and sharpened edges), 150 wet shot, etc.

I am thinking that since 1500 rpms is still within idle table range, the idle valve isn't working optimally and is letting in too much air for a while at the 1500 rpms. I think that this is really one of the last few things that can possibly be wrong with the dang thing (I doubt i have a bent valve because it runs too well and doesnt miss at other rpms).

Any other ideas?
Old 04-13-2009, 08:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pHEnomIC
I am stumped, my car misfires specifically around 1500 rpms and while I dont feel it, the computer will trigger misfires even with the misfire table maxed out. Also at 1500 rpms if you go through with little throttle it will buck (noticed itll hit lean for a second). (This happens in both maf and mafless sd as well as openloop.)

Car runs great otherwise.

Ive moved around plugs, wires, injectors, coils, valve train seems intact (i had broken a couple dual springs in the past but never had any issues and noticed them so i changed em), etc.

torquer v3, ls6 intake, lts, slp maf, home ported tb (with epoxy and sharpened edges), 150 wet shot, etc.

I am thinking that since 1500 rpms is still within idle table range, the idle valve isn't working optimally and is letting in too much air for a while at the 1500 rpms. I think that this is really one of the last few things that can possibly be wrong with the dang thing (I doubt i have a bent valve because it runs too well and doesnt miss at other rpms).

Any other ideas?
No, Porting your T/B will not affect much if anything, now if you ported your MAF then thats a different story...
Old 04-13-2009, 03:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anything else it could be?