Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

water temp gauge

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 10:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water temp gauge

I am going to run a dakota digital gauge cluster and I need to install one of thier water temp sensors and it has to be in contact with the coolant. I was wondering where the best place to put this sensor would be. Is there already a spot for a second sensor that I can thread this into?
Old 04-13-2009, 10:26 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, theres a plug near the back of the pass head that can be used for a second coolant temp.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Launching!

I agree. I used the factory sending unit from my 70 and had it machined down to fit so I could use my factory gauge. Works great and cost less than $10.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

is the allen screw plug on the passenger side head the one your refering to?
Old 04-13-2009, 11:47 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yes its the allen plug
Old 04-14-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xyster
I am going to run a dakota digital gauge cluster and I need to install one of thier water temp sensors and it has to be in contact with the coolant. I was wondering where the best place to put this sensor would be. Is there already a spot for a second sensor that I can thread this into?
You are lucky, due to the fact that you are going to use the Dakota Digital
guage cluster. They are the only company that I am aware of that makes a 12 MM water temp sensor. I also have their guages and have their sensor screwed into the driver side head. Mine is a carb set-up, so I didn't also need the factory sensor. Just look on their web site for the 12 MM temp sensor. No mods are necessary. The passenger head has same opening, same thread, at the rear. Ron
Old 04-14-2009, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rojs234
You are lucky, due to the fact that you are going to use the Dakota Digital
guage cluster. They are the only company that I am aware of that makes a 12 MM water temp sensor. I also have their guages and have their sensor screwed into the driver side head. Mine is a carb set-up, so I didn't also need the factory sensor. Just look on their web site for the 12 MM temp sensor. No mods are necessary. The passenger head has same opening, same thread, at the rear. Ron
Thanks Ron its already in now just going to run the wire to it and the oil pressure sensor now she should be running this weekend it would be running now but i was sicker than a dog over the weekend. And yes the Dakota Digital cluster makes it easy everything is set up for my motor and trans. right from them along with the fuel sending unit kinda plug and play if you will.

Quick Reply: water temp gauge