Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big shot versus boost

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 02:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Big shot versus boost

Planning on something big in august, but I cant make up my mind? I wanted to do a procharger but the cost is just going to be ridiculous, and as far as nitrous well it just seems silly to have a daily driver with that much money in it with that little hp.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Pride
Old 04-14-2009, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whats your compression as of right now?

If its higher than stock, either could be trouble but I would think the blower would be more trouble than NOS. Boost does not like compression....too much heat = melted pistons.

If its at stock compression, I would spend the money up front on the blower...being Vortec,procharger, etc. Try to find a used one (complete) and having it rebuilt. Thats just me.

N20 is cheap at first, but when you keep spraying it and have to pay $$ each time filling the bottle than it can get not so fun. Especially when you spend the money on the blower and be done with it.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

The only downside to the nitrous is not having the power all the time. Which is fine because some dont want boost all the time, as some dont like refilling bottles. My vote will go to the nitrous though
Old 04-15-2009, 05:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

save your money and call ECS, they have the answer to your needs....everyone of their supercharged cars are running insane times with 100% bullet proof reliablity..
Old 04-15-2009, 06:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

nos is the best bang for the buck-esp if you run a cam ground for your specs
but you have to be careful with your tune-i prefer boost as i like the power all the time, and no bottle filling-if you only want the power at the track, then nos might do, still have to have the bottle temps up and swap tanks if going a few rounds