Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger with little boost

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger with little boost

Just fitted p1sc to LS1 in my 61 Vette and only getting 2lbs boost.Checked for leaks in all pipework from charger through intercoolers to engine all ok,belt and tensioner seem fine.Car feels a lot stronger but boost gauge reading very low(this is tee'd into brake booster vacuum line).I know I will have to make a visit to the dyno to dial it all in but is there anything else I'm missing?Thanks.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:41 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first thing I would do is to get your boost line out of your brake booster line. Where is your bypass valve line attached? Bob
Old 04-16-2009, 05:41 PM
11 Second Club

what size pulleys? 6 or 8 rib?
Old 04-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Staging Lane

Default Procharger with little boost

Boost gauge line and bypass valve are both tee'd off at the junction block provided with the Procharger kit which is inserted in the brake booster line.Pulley's are 8" crank and 3.5" charger.Thanks.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:45 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

It is possible to have a leak in the brake booster, which is going to throw off your bypass valve and your boost gauge.
If your bypass valve has too much of a gap when closed, you won't build a lot of boost. There will be a little bit of a gap between the butterfly and the bore when in the closed position, but if there is more than a 1/16 of an inch, then it can leak too much boost through it.
How tight do you have your blower belt? A new belt needs to be broken in and after a half hour of use or so, it will stretch and it much be retightened. If you see any belt dust on the blower housing, then you are probably getting slippage. The belt has to be a lot tighter than you would normally have for other accessories. Bob
Old 04-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for that Bob,will check out seal of bypass.Where would the vacuum lines be better taken from?Thanks.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:46 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by kevtherev
Thanks for that Bob,will check out seal of bypass.Where would the vacuum lines be better taken from?Thanks.
You're welcome. On the late model vehicles we pick the vacuum up on the vacuum line going to the hvac/ac. Bob

Quick Reply: Procharger with little boost