Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HSW bottle bracket mounting.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 10:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HSW bottle bracket mounting.

Here is the bracket I have. http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...&cat=17&page=1

The bracket came without fastners to mount it to the car, so I need to find some, but I was wondering if any of you mounted this bracket above the gas tank, and if so how did you do it? Did you lower the gas tank? Did you use the supplied fastners or use something else? If it's going to be a pain in the *** to mount it above the gas tank then I'm going to mount it on the hump between the rear seats.

Thanks for any suggestions/help.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:53 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Captain InsaneO
Here is the bracket I have. http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...&cat=17&page=1

The bracket came without fastners to mount it to the car, so I need to find some, but I was wondering if any of you mounted this bracket above the gas tank, and if so how did you do it? Did you lower the gas tank? Did you use the supplied fastners or use something else? If it's going to be a pain in the *** to mount it above the gas tank then I'm going to mount it on the hump between the rear seats.

Thanks for any suggestions/help.
Use the fasteners that came with it unless you bought it used? They're just allen head socket cap screws. To mount it above the gas tank, you'll need to drop the tank in order to secure it properly.

Nick
Old 04-17-2009, 11:45 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah I bought it used, so no allen head screws came with it.

I was doing a seach and saw where someone used a piece of plywood... put the wood under the carpet and fastened the bracket to that... If anyone has done that.. is there any drawbacks, and did you attach the plywood to the car itself to keep it from moving?
Old 04-17-2009, 02:16 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Captain InsaneO
Yeah I bought it used, so no allen head screws came with it.

I was doing a seach and saw where someone used a piece of plywood... put the wood under the carpet and fastened the bracket to that... If anyone has done that.. is there any drawbacks, and did you attach the plywood to the car itself to keep it from moving?
Just keep the idea that its a 25 lb bottle in the back or your mind. The last thing you want launching towards you in an accident is that.

Nick
Old 04-19-2009, 04:53 PM
10 Second Club

I got it done, and I love it!!

Old 04-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Staging Lane

that looks sick ^^^^