Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

blowing through converter?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default blowing through converter?

i have a performabuilt 3600 stall 2.5 str torque converter and i'm running 125 dry nano shot.

my vert is pretty heavy as is and the trunk has about 50-60lb of tools in it. driver could stand to lose a couple pounds too... all this weight isn't helping.

if i mash the gas from a roll and RPM flashes to about 4800rpm, then i activate the nitrous, it seems to jump to about 5100rpm or so..
at this high of an rpm i can certainly feel the nitrous, but i think by having it slip so much i'm missing some torque.

of course if i activate the spray at about 4000 or so, i get a much bigger kick. i rarely get a chance to activate that low though due to traction issues and shift extensions taking me to higher RPM.

should i get a different stall for the spray or is this fine? any other 125 shot stalled guys care to share experiences on spraying from a roll?
Old 04-21-2009, 08:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it an off the shelf converter? If so it is probably designed for a certain HP range in a certain weight vehicle and your car is making more power and is heavier than it it setup for. Call them and tell them what issues you are having and have them setup a converter for YOUR car. Most people don't realize how much they are leaving on the table by running an off the shelf converter, especially with nitrous.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why you carrying around 60 lbs of tools if your going to spray?
Old 04-21-2009, 08:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BAKED
Is it an off the shelf converter? If so it is probably designed for a certain HP range in a certain weight vehicle and your car is making more power and is heavier than it it setup for. Call them and tell them what issues you are having and have them setup a converter for YOUR car. Most people don't realize how much they are leaving on the table by running an off the shelf converter, especially with nitrous.
Good call, the N20 verters have some beefed up parts for balloning. I had to upgrade mine when I added the spray.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup, Edge did a hell of a job on mine. You can't beat the price either! AND a warranty to top it off!

Quick Reply: blowing through converter?