Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catted X-pipe Setups???

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Catted X-pipe Setups???

Howdy! I am going to be doing a cam fairly soon and am wanting to get some AR or LPP 1 3/4 unless I do heads too (then 1 7/8) and have always loved the dumped true dual sound. I am really wanting something that won't be too nasty or obnoxious though and can still be legal.

Has anyone here run a catted X-pipe? I was wanting to do 3 inch primaries, cats, then X-pipe, and run duals all the way to the back (over the axle) and dumped near the bumper kind of like the old school look. I'd be willing to downsize to 2.5 inch if I absolutely had to to fit over the axle.

It is worth the money to have the dumped dual sound and still be legal in my book.

-Karl
Old 04-22-2009, 10:24 PM
12 Second Club

I have the exact setup your describing.

If you would like more pix, go here.

Here's the money shot.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

THANK YOU!!!!!! that is what i was looking for. Those cats look awfully strange but they work! is that extra "02 sensor" a tuning module im guessin? what kind of troubles do you run into working on the car...aka any issues dropping the driveshaft? Also, do you have any soundclips or video?...how loud is it? it is 3 inch correct?

-Karl
Old 04-22-2009, 11:11 PM
12 Second Club

Those are good cats actually, magnaflow metal spun high flow or some such.
They were like $80 at the time, on sale I think.

Yup that's a wideband on the passenger side.

No troubles working on it really. Its basically the TSP kit modified. Its as easy as any dual kit would be to get apart and off the car to work on stuff like trans and other stuff. Not something id want to do every weekend but not that bad either.

I have a video somewhere but nothing real quality, small digital camera stuff. I'd have to find a place to upload it if you want to hear it. It's kind of big and I don't have time to figure out compressing it.

Its very quiet though, but I've gotten alot of compliments. Your looking at 4 glasspacks in the whole kit so its really refined.

But yeah, 3" up to the first set of bullets then reduces to 2.5" over the axle. Then criscrosses into two more "18 bullets and then out into the tips. Big heavy kit all together but its pretty modular and can be taken apart pretty easy.

They guy that did it is a champ. Not affiliated with a shop at all but a guy a friend knew that worked alot on hondas and had a welder and chopsaw in his garage.

Gave me a good deal but all together it was about $1000.

You will run into prob need work done on the circuit box on the drivers side rear seat wall, that causes alot of the clearance woes most shops have when looking at going over the axle.

That drivers side is tougher than it looks to get a pipe over.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:45 PM
12 Second Club

Alright bud, I'm uploading a file now.
It's 65 MB so it will take a bit but when its up ill post it.

FYI its taken from a small digital camera so sounds not the best but it gives an idea.

T

ebaumsworld, formerly putfile didn't like the format so I'm seeing if youboob will take it.

Last edited by DirtyJohn; 04-23-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here are a few of mine. same spun cats as mentioned above

Old 04-23-2009, 09:02 AM
12 Second Club

Here you go. Here's a video for you.