Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration at idle only after header and ory install

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Vibration at idle only after header and ory install

My friend installed headers on his car (LPP) and now his car vibrates rather violently at idle. The vibration goes away at any speed, and the y-pipe isn't banging. What could be causing his vibrations at idle only? My guess is that the pipes are touching the body somewhere or that he needs some poly motor mounts... but hes broke so I don't wanna tell him do to stuff he doesn't need to. Your thoughts?
Old 04-25-2009, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

make sure his headers arent touching the k-member my passenger one would rub agains my kmember and I would get a vibration/shake at idle and at stop lights.

I just took it to a muffler shop and told them to cut a small little piece of the kmember where my header would rub/rest on and since that day no more vibrations or shakes
Old 04-25-2009, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the same probelm with the driver side its hiting the k member and motor mount i got to take it back a part and notch them both
Old 04-26-2009, 12:30 AM
10 Second Club

Just like everyone else has said, its more than likely they are hitting the K member and possibly the motor mount. I had the same problem. I just took a sawzall and cut the k member where they were hitting. As for the mount that requires alittle more work. I finally bought a tubular k member and solid mounts.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies. I took a look at it last night and it looks like the driver side header is touching the k-member as you guys suggested. I'll post up later if this was indeed the issue for anyone with this problem later.

Quick Reply: Vibration at idle only after header and ory install