Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Grinding into all gears

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 12:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Grinding into all gears

i was at the track the other night, and i would get a slight grind when shifting hard.
it doesn't happen if i wait for a little bit. and it doesn't happen on the street.

but sometimes when i'm cruising, i have to rev match 5th to get it to go in. reverse is also hard to get into.

i installed a used Mcleod twin disc, 2 weeks ago. i think i got all the clearances right but maybe not. i am also using stock 00 clutch hydraulics.

do i need to upgrade to a mcleod/tick master, or do the drill mod? or is this a release bearing to clutch air gap problem. i had a slight bit more then an 1/8. maybe .15? i cant recall the exact number

thanks
Old 04-26-2009, 09:16 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by boostinsidewayz
i was at the track the other night, and i would get a slight grind when shifting hard.
it doesn't happen if i wait for a little bit. and it doesn't happen on the street.

but sometimes when i'm cruising, i have to rev match 5th to get it to go in. reverse is also hard to get into.

i installed a used Mcleod twin disc, 2 weeks ago. i think i got all the clearances right but maybe not. i am also using stock 00 clutch hydraulics.

do i need to upgrade to a mcleod/tick master, or do the drill mod? or is this a release bearing to clutch air gap problem. i had a slight bit more then an 1/8. maybe .15? i cant recall the exact number

thanks
Well, 9+ yr old hydraulics would be my first guess. Drill mod would be teh LEAST I would do, and really would upgrade to the Tick MC. Once you do that, test drive again, and see if helps. If not, than pull tranny, check clearances, and then replace slave....
Old 04-27-2009, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

i'll try the drill mod, thanks