Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

how tall of tire?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how tall of tire?

i'm looking at putting on some 18"s, but i don't know which size of tire to get.

right now i have the stockers: 235/55/16 and the book says they're 26ish" tall. if you measure across the tire, it's right...but being a 55 side wall, there's a little give and they actually ride around 25" tall.

So i'm checking into going with some 18"s, but am unsure of what to get because i don't know how much i can trust "the book". Being i dont race or do anything really high performance wise, i don't want to go any wider than 245...so anything between 225-245 is fine with me. i don't know if i should go with a 40 profile or a 45 profile. i know it depends on the width, as the profile is just a ratio, but i don't know how they'll sit on the car.

i've also got the back a little lower to even things out. It's not the exact ride height as the front, but it's better. i think the back rides at just under 28" from the ground to the outer/top of the wheel well.

so my question (sorry for the long post) is for the guys and gals that are riding on 18"s what tire size do you have?

pics would be awesome.
thanks.

(i'm going with 18"s because 19"s are a weird size to find and 20"s are to big)
Old 04-27-2009, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man....after going through some of the old pages, i'm really liking the 19"s!!

i might have to save and get some, even though i know 18's are about twice as cheap. (at least around here)