Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NXL install question

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NXL install question

While finishing up my install I tore some of the lower orings on the fuel injector. The ones that seal inside the intake normally. What size are they??

Help
Mike

BTW I received most of my missing stuff on Monday (it was actually sent UPS even though Josh said it wasnt) but I am still waiting on a few things. NXL did call me to ask about the situation and I believe it was dealt with appropriately. I dont really know what happened but Ricky the GM was NOT happy.
Old 10-30-2003, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

I am not sure what the size is but you can buy at them at most local auto parts stores. I recently bought a set from Autozone but they would only sell me a complete set(16) and they were a little on the pricey side. I think they were about $8 but I can't remember exactly. The new ones seemed to be a little better qaulity than the original ones but it may have just seemed that way being that they were new. Buying them by the set isn't too bad because having some extras around is a pretty good idea because it always seems that I only things like that when nothing is open! Thanks
Old 10-30-2003, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 93LS1RX7
While finishing up my install I tore some of the lower orings on the fuel injector. The ones that seal inside the intake normally. What size are they??

Help
Mike

BTW I received most of my missing stuff on Monday (it was actually sent UPS even though Josh said it wasnt) but I am still waiting on a few things. NXL did call me to ask about the situation and I believe it was dealt with appropriately. I dont really know what happened but Ricky the GM was NOT happy.
Hey Mike, yeah I tore up some of my o-rings also. I actually couldn't find ANY fuel injector O-rings at 3 different auto parts stores and the only place I could find O-rings the right size was at a hardware store, but I'm not sure that those will be up to the task even though I started to use them.

I actually ordered a set of these new Viton O-rings here http://www.overboost.com/obs/product.asp?pid=2623 they're MSD replacement rings but they will fit the GM multiport injectors.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

The trick to getting the injectors into the rails without damaging them is the angle... You MUST match the angle of the injector to the angle the hole is drilled... It's not straight up and down. It's best if you mount the rail in a vice (use rags so you don't scratch 'em up) so you have both hands free. Then lube up the O-ring, press it gently against the hole at the right angle, and gradually work the ring in. Once you have the ring started, RELAX -- don't push !! When you relax, the o-ring will stop bulging and drop right in...
Old 10-31-2003, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yep that is basically the technique I ended up figuring out but it was already to late for a couple of the orings by the time my brain started working.

Quick Reply: NXL install question