Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Is T56 messed up?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Is T56 messed up?

I have a 2002 Camaro SS M6 just today my reverse is really hard to put in.It will go in and run but you have to push it so hard and then when you take it out of reverse it jerks really hard like something was pushing it back to neutral?All of my other gears are good.Any thought what it might be?
Old 04-30-2009, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tonys02slpss
I have a 2002 Camaro SS M6 just today my reverse is really hard to put in.It will go in and run but you have to push it so hard and then when you take it out of reverse it jerks really hard like something was pushing it back to neutral?All of my other gears are good.Any thought what it might be?
Reverse lockout solenoid.

Its designed to prevent you from engaging reverse when you are shifting between forward gears.

However, of the solenoid goes bad and gets stuck in the engaged position, or you have a wiring problem that causes it to stay engaged, it will give you the symptom you are describing.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Reverse lockout solenoid.

Its designed to prevent you from engaging reverse when you are shifting between forward gears.

However, of the solenoid goes bad and gets stuck in the engaged position, or you have a wiring problem that causes it to stay engaged, it will give you the symptom you are describing.
I hope its only that nothing big, I'm taking it tomorrow so I dont mess it up more.Thanks men.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a fuse that controls the solenoid . Check that first.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:13 PM
On The Tree

it is the solenoid fuse thanks.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by calhoon
There is a fuse that controls the solenoid . Check that first.
It's the fuse but know th eproblem is that it keeps burning when I replace it,do you think my MAF is messed up and causing the fuse to burn b/c they use the same fuse?See I took my car to the car wash and started running bad and then the SES light came on and I took it and said it was the MAF.DO you think some water go in there and messed up my MAF so until I replace it th efuse is going to keep burning?