Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT1 Th400 swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Th400 swap questions

Ok guys here it goes... I did the read the Th400 swap thread but it all seams related to LS1. I just picked up a 95 Z28 with a shot 4l60e in it. I already have a bone stock Th400 short tail that I want to swap in. I also have the proper length Spohn driveshaft and a body mount TA setup.

What I did not pick up from the swap thread was do I have to do all the same things for a LT1 based car. Like the shift cable mod should be the same as a LS correct? But the Torque convertor setup as far as the pilot length and flexplate placing, what do I use for these? Can a regular Th400 Convertor work? And will the engine run fine, minus the check engine light for the trans sensors?

Any help or other links appreciated
Old 04-30-2009, 10:59 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by S_carve
Ok guys here it goes... I did the read the Th400 swap thread but it all seams related to LS1. I just picked up a 95 Z28 with a shot 4l60e in it. I already have a bone stock Th400 short tail that I want to swap in. I also have the proper length Spohn driveshaft and a body mount TA setup.

What I did not pick up from the swap thread was do I have to do all the same things for a LT1 based car. Like the shift cable mod should be the same as a LS correct? But the Torque convertor setup as far as the pilot length and flexplate placing, what do I use for these? Can a regular Th400 Convertor work? And will the engine run fine, minus the check engine light for the trans sensors?

Any help or other links appreciated
Yes it will work with the regular converter and flex plate. Just verify the gap is no more then 3/16" between the lugs and the flex plate. As long as the ECM know what PRNDL position is it will be o.k.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:32 AM
On The Tree

so a regular th400 converotr is ok and a regular LT1 flexplate is ok also?
Old 12-25-2011, 03:55 AM
TECH Regular

I am trying to find the same information. Can you tell me what you did (all parts required to make the switch)? I am going T56 to TH400 but all of the basics will be the same.

Joe

Quick Reply: LT1 Th400 swap questions