Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

scratches.. in silver..

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 12:16 PM
tx3
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default scratches.. in silver..

any recommendations on products for removing scratches?? meguiars scratch-x?? turtle wax rubbing or polishing compound in green bottles?? or 3-m perfect-it rubbing compound?? or anything else??

thank you
Old 05-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TO be honest, if your seeing scratches in silver, id be scared, that and light pewter never show anything!!

I was not impressed with Scratch X from Maguires.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
TO be honest, if your seeing scratches in silver, id be scared, that and light pewter never show anything!!

I was not impressed with Scratch X from Maguires.
You can still see them in direct light pretty well in any color, just not as bad on the lighter colors. Mine is so bad from the previous owner, i can't get them out with my POS buffer or by hand. I'll probably pick up a porter cable and try it again, or have a professional do it this summer. I'd say get a descent buffer and compound or you won't see any real results. Heavy cut rubbing compound would be your best bet tho if you want to try it by hand, still won't be perfect, but better.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordo78
You can still see them in direct light pretty well in any color, just not as bad on the lighter colors. Mine is so bad from the previous owner, i can't get them out with my POS buffer or by hand. I'll probably pick up a porter cable and try it again, or have a professional do it this summer. I'd say get a descent buffer and compound or you won't see any real results. Heavy cut rubbing compound would be your best bet tho if you want to try it by hand, still won't be perfect, but better.
Well compared to darker colors, you look at it the wrong way, it has scratches. On Silver, Yellow, or Pewter cars you really need to look.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Well compared to darker colors, you look at it the wrong way, it has scratches. On Silver, Yellow, or Pewter cars you really need to look.
Its all about the lighting, but ya. My black roof is killin me smalls!