LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Do You Have Hesitaion, Stumbeling Under Slight Exceleration ??? Come Inside !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Do You Have Hesitaion, Stumbeling Under Slight Exceleration ??? Come Inside !!!

Well i did and maybe this will help you a little, I actually had more than one problem and here is what i did to fix it

1. I had a burnt plug wire, it was under the header so it took me a little while to find it and fix it. I replaced it last weekend and that of course helped a lot

2. i noticed that the 2 plugs going to my coil had some exposed wire in them, didn't notice this because it was in part of the wire that had a curve in it, straighten them out and look

3. I sea foamed the car, fuel tank, oil & throttle body. there is a great write up to follow in here somewhere

After each fix it could fill it getting better, now i have no hesitation and have great throttle response. Hope this helps someone having the same issues I was
Old 05-04-2009, 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i still have a slight stumble under mild acceleration. i've replaced my wires and i seafoamed my car a few years ago. i've also replaced the entire ignition system short of the ICM. never thought about checking the coil wiring, i'll have to give it a look

to add to your list of things to do, check all connections! my car had a horrible misfire, and i found a loose fuel injector connection. it was very intermittent and i only found it on coincidence

also double check all your vacuum lines for cracks and make sure they are connected well and all ends
Old 05-04-2009, 10:10 AM
TECH Addict

yes the wires on our cars are getting old and brittle, they start to crack and break. since i found those and replaced them i have started looking at all the rest
Old 05-04-2009, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

burnt plug wires are the worst. I spent weeks tracking down a stumble i had and it ended up being a little burnt wire'
Old 05-04-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Addict

i forgot to add i bought my new plugs from the efi store if you need some new ones