LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Car runs bad on the bottom end. Also need tuning suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 06:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car runs bad on the bottom end. Also need tuning suggestions.

So here's a long story short. I first had my passenger side 02 sensor go out. I replaced it. Then I had a MAF code thrown and found out that the power cable on the connector was over stretch (didn't get 12v). So while that happened the car ran extremely rich. I fixed the MAF and then the other (drivers side) 02 sensor went out. This sensor is not more than a year old btw. So I figured maybe I blew it out with the car running so rich. I just went out today bought another new 02 sensor hooked it up and the code came back again. Idk what's going on. The code keeps saying the 02 sensor is malfunctioning, how can that be? It's a brand new 02 sensor. I checked for voltage to my 02 sensor and get 1.85v. Should I be running 12 volts through that harness?

Anyhow, I can clear the code with my scan tool and it goes away for a good 15mins and then comes back. The bottom end is for **** on the car. She idles rougher than usual and hesitates on the bottom end. Any suggestions?

Also I am considering getting the car properly tuned. Right now I'm only running a mail order tune from Madtuner. Considering it's a cammed car, I know a mail order tune can only do so much. Thinking maybe straight line. Anyone know the going rate with them? Good experiences?

Last edited by Bones Z28; 05-04-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Double check to make sure the O2 wiring harnesses (pre-connector) aren't burned up.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Double check to make sure the O2 wiring harnesses (pre-connector) aren't burned up.
I'm pretty sure nothing is burned or melted away, I traced the harness all the way up and everything looked ok. I'll double check again though.

Quick Reply: Car runs bad on the bottom end. Also need tuning suggestions.