LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Car starting issues, sometime yes, sometimes no. HELP ME!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 09:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Car starting issues, sometime yes, sometimes no. HELP ME!

Hey guys. For those who don't know I've recently got my LE2 headed ride going. It's got a pretty hefty cam 23x/24x .59x/.59x 108LSA. All the normal boltons plus 42# injectors, ported manifold, 355, 12.4 compression, t-56, and a monoblade. I've been trying to get the thing running properly before I start actually driving it. The issue I'm having now is that I set everything up like the throttle body and the TPS. I opened the blade a bit since the car needs more air to idle (big cam) as Bryan at pcmforless said to. I then adjusted the TPS and was able to get voltage to .65. I've read a bunch of places say it should be between .50 and .69 but that .64 was perfect. So it's extremely close. Right after I set that up I cranked the car again and it started fine and was idling right where it was tuned to do so again by Bryan. I let it sit for about 10 minutes or so and decided to start it up again and make sure everything was as it should be before I headed inside and it would not start. I tried once and nothing, I tried again and it sounded like it fired about 2 cylinders and then nothing again. I decided to shut it down and come see if anyone had suggestions. It's like the dang thing starts only when it feels like it Thanks guys.

Zach

Last edited by za355tx; 05-11-2009 at 11:42 PM.