Analysis of "New" Ricekiller meet, Review Inside

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 02:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Analysis of "New" Ricekiller meet, Review Inside

First of all I do not affiliate myself with Ricekiller nor Jared for that matter, and have not posted on their boards in quite some time. As I am/have been critical of Jared and how his meet is conducted and what has shown up. And anyone that knows me well enough here on the boards can quote me numerous times on my criticism. I am a tad Biased though as I do not like the ricekiller boards or meets. This Review is only created in order to shed some new light on a meet that was once condemned by myself and the rest of ls1tech and car community

But being the person that I am, I can give credit where credit is due, I am not ignorant to change.

First off, the meet is now mostly ran and organized by the moderators. JKD or Steve from DFWSS is the head organizer, and he has a crew of people at the front gate to tell certain cars where to park. So the meet is more organized in sorting out the **** cars from the nice cars. At first I did not ever intend on going to an RKC meet again as they were boring, unorganized and just lame. This new dealership location is nice, well lit and well free monster and colters BBQ caters the meet.

The group i rolled out with convinced me to go 3-4 weeks back, (DallasRacing) and we rolled into the meet, and parked in the "VIP" spots or inside the car garage. It was a little warm but other then that it was fine, JKD organized our group together (17 of us), the main reason we did not attend RKC meets was because of Jared and his antics and bullshit. We did not see him ONCE, he left us alone and we did not once see him.
Overall i was impressed with the meet, it was organized, the company was good, there was a good turnout of Fbodies. And the VIP room was pretty cool, all the cars were clean and fast for the most part.

Overall, the meet was a complete 180 from what the typical RKC meet used to be, and bearable and much less rice.

98Mystic and myself were in that room, and I'm sure 98mystic can chime in on how the meet is ran now days. Would i go to this meet all the time? No. But would I go now if enough people wanted to go as a group? Sure why not..
Old 05-12-2009, 09:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

WOW didn't see that coming. Where is the new meet now??
Old 05-12-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

why new thread?
Old 05-12-2009, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

i went out there last week in my TA and had a good time. will be out next week. anyone in the lewisville area wanna meet up and roll in a pack out there?
Old 05-12-2009, 09:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Okay... WTF is a VIP room in a car meet?
Old 05-12-2009, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1996Formula
i went out there last week in my TA and had a good time. will be out next week. anyone in the lewisville area wanna meet up and roll in a pack out there?
I would like to check this out.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Texfinn
Okay... WTF is a VIP room in a car meet?
pretty much a place where you can go and find any car over 500hp at the meet or worth over 50 grand.
the new meet now i think is off oates on 635 in mesquite.